top of page
GIM02.jpg
About Us

About Us

Our clients trust us with moving precious cargo, building supplies, and so much more.

Gulf Island Marine Services is a marine freight transport and logistics company. We move small-medium sized cargo, quickly and efficiently, throughout the Gulf Islands and Salish Sea.

Our 40 ft custom-built aluminum landing craft operates year round, offering transport services to area residents, emergency service providers, and industry, including forestry and aquaculture.

IMG_20211215_140743.jpg

Our Vessel is compliant with all current Transport Canada Small Vessel Safety Regulations.

Landing Craft specs:

12 meters (40 ft) long

Powered by twin Yamaha 250’s

Maximum weight capacity of

4500 Kg (10000 lbs) on a 7x3 meter (23x10 ft) open deck

Capable of cruising at an average of 20 knots/hr with full load

Marine Transport Services

Marine Transport Services

GIM02.jpg

We can move anything from building supplies to vehicles

Heavy machinery
Equipment parts
Building materials
Rainwater storage tanks
Septic tanks + septic pump outs
Hot tubs
Vehicles including trucks, ATV’s, side-by-sides, boats, golf carts, 5th wheels, RV’s, kayaks
Dock anchors and chain
Docks, ramps, piers
Fuel barrels

Tree seedlings

GIM01.jpg
Extra services for your unique project and transport needs

Rental equipment (trailers, skid steers, excavators + operators and labour) 

Work Platform

Remote access, foundation, forming, concrete work

Project coordination

 

Crane Services (Whaler Bay crane can be rented at $100.00/hr)

IMG_20211215_140741.jpg
Convenient locations from the Gulf Islands and beyond

Crescent Beach Marina

Galiano Island

Gabriola Island

Mayne Island

Pender (North South)

Saturna Island

Parker Island

Phillimore Point

Montague Harbor

Rates

Rates start at $290.00/hr

+ GST

 

There is a 2 hr minimum fee for all services rendered.

Each project is unique. Call or email for a quote tailored to your needs.

Usage Fees

All loading/drop-off sites have usage fees that they charge to cover expenses like insurance and maintenance.

 

Our clients can either pay this charge directly, or we are happy to process the fees and add it to your invoice, with an additional administration charge.

Payment

We accept payment using the following methods:

Interac e-transfer, Cheque, Credit Cards (via Square).

75% of payment will be received up front, prior to departure; the remaining 25% is received upon completion of the trip.

Restrictions

We are not able to transport anything over 4500 kg (10,000 lbs) nor anything that restricts visibility from the helm (eg. trucks with FISTs or other canopies, travel or cargo trailers that are over 7 ft high).

We are also not able to offer transport if your intent is to go freshwater fishing or hunting.

Contact Us

Gulf Island Marine Transport Services

 

Location:
Whaler Bay Harbor Authority
74 Whaler Bay Road
Galiano Island, BC V0N 1P0

Operating Hours:
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm
Closed: Stat Holidays

Telephone:
(604) 816-0109

 

Email:

gulfislandmarine@gmail.com

Contact
bottom of page